How to Select the Right Centerfire Chamber Chiller
One size nozzle doesn't fit all without making serious compromises in performance by restricting the airflow through a smaller nozzle.
About Nozzle Fit
Using the incorrect sized nozzle (too small) may result in the Chamber Chiller nozzle melting inside of your chamber.
Bad Fit Example
If you're using the correct nozzle, the nozzle should not able to insert into the chamber.The nozzle should rest on the edge of your chamber nearest your magazine well.
Good Fit Example
The Chamber Chiller nozzles are designed to fit a range of cartridge rim diameters. If you don't know your cartridge rim diameter you can look it up. For best fit we recommend measuring your ejection port dimensions as well.
Ejection Port Measurements
The sizes listed below will work in most circumstances. If you have a fit issue after purchasing we will exchange with you for another model.
The best solution for multiple rifles may be to purchase multiple chamber chillers.
Semi-Auto .223 Chamber Chiller
- Fits most AR-15 Cartridges with rim diameter of 9.60-12.10mm and standard mil-spec ejection ports.
- Fits other semi-automatics and bolt action rifles with minimum ejection port opening of 41mm length by 12.5mm height (1.62 inches length by 0.50 inches height).
- Does not properly fit rimfire AR-15 variants.
Semi-Auto .458 Chamber Chiller
- Fits most AR-15 rifles with an enlarged ejection ports for cartridges like the 458 SOCOM.
- Does not fit any AR-15 with standard Mil-Spec AR-15 ejection ports.
- Does not properly fit rimfire AR-15 variants.
Semi-Auto .308 Chamber Chiller
- Fits most AR-10/LR-308 Cartridges with a rim diameter of 11.10-13.40mm.
- Fits other semi-automatics and bolt action rifles with minimum ejection port opening of 71mm length by 13.7mm height (2.8 inches length by 0.54 inches height).
Bolt Action .223-.308 Chamber Chiller
- Fits most bolt action rifles chambered in cartridges between 223 Remington & 308 Winchester with a rim diameter of 9.60-12.10mm
- Fits other semi-automatics and bolt action rifles with minimum ejection port opening of 71mm length by 12.3mm height (2.8 inches length by 0.49 inches height).
Bolt Action .308-.338 Chamber Chiller
- Fits most bolt action rifles chambered in cartridges between 308 Winchester & 338 Winchester Magnum with a rim diameter of 9.6-13.50mm
- Fits other semi-automatics and bolt action rifles with minimum ejection port opening of 73.10mm length by 14.80mm height (2.88 inches length by 0.59 inches height)
Bolt Action .338-.408 Chamber Chiller
- Fits most bolt action rifles chambered in cartridges between 338 Lapua Mag - .408 Cheyenne Tactical with a rim diameter of 14.93-16.25mm
- Fits other semi-automatics and bolt action rifles with minimum ejection port opening of 90.00mm length by 17.2mm height (3.55 inches length by 0.68 inches height).
Bolt Action 50 BMG Chamber Chiller
- Fits most bolt action rifles chambered in cartridges with a rim diameter of 15.90-20.50mm
- Fits other semi-automatics and bolt action rifles with minimum ejection port opening of 98.60mm length by 20.80mm height (3.89 inches length by 0.82 inches height)
About Chamber Chillers
When metal heats, the molecules excite and cause expansion. When metal becomes overheated, barrel harmonics also change, vibration increases, and shots begin to vertically string. A hot barrel also contributes to pressure failures, and increased throat erosion. You want a cool barrel so that each shot is consistent, and wear is minimized. This is why I’ve created the “Chamber Chiller” rifle barrel cooling fan.
After testing homemade and commercially-available barrel cooling devices, I discovered several key areas that could be improved for better performance and functionality. As a result, I designed and developed my own Chamber Chiller rifle barrel cooling fan devices. These are functional products, each device is hand assembled with off-the-shelf parts or 3D printed parts right here in the United States.
The idea behind the Chamber Chiller is simple: cool the chamber where heat often sinks into the loaded cartridge causing higher pressure, and deliver cool air down even the longest rifle barrel using a high-output fan. Impressive air volume forced past the barrel tenon at a high static pressure means much less time is needed for cooling-down, which also equals quicker recovery to optimal operating temperatures.
- Efficiently cools the barrel and chamber
- Helps maintain accuracy
- Prolongs barrel life
We currently offer side ejection port models for centerfire rifles, some rimfire calibers and some shotgun shell sizes. Each model is available with either a traditional household AA alkaline battery pack or USB powered in either right or left hand.